Getting to know your new SurfEasy Private Browser. You can get the downloadable version here.
This area is the Menu Bar. It contains all the drop-down menus you need for some of the more advanced tasks when using browsers. There are three important menus:
- History Menu: You can click on this to see websites and pages you have previously visited
- Bookmarks Menu: In this menu you can save all your favorite websites for quick access so you don't have to enter the address every time or go searching for it.
- Tools Menu: Here you can access settings and options for the SurfEasy Private Browser. Options include managing add-ons, passwords and appearance.
When you want to have more than one webpage or website open at the same time, instead of having a new window, you can have them open in new tabs in the same window. Simply, click on the "+" as shown in the red circle to open a new tab.
- Back Button: Click to return to the previous page
- Forward Button: Allows you to undo the "Back" button
- Location Bar: Enter your website addresses (URLs), e.g. www.google.com or mail.yahoo.com
SURFEASY SPECIAL FEATURES
1. Private Network Identifier
When the SurfEasy bar is blue all of your browsing is encrypted and secure.
If the SurfEasy bar is red your browsing is not encrypted. This should only happen if you turn off the SurfEasy Private Network. To turn the Private Network on or off click the SurfEasy bar.
2. SurfEasy Private Local Search
Here you can search using Google and get local results without revealing your IP address or location to Google. We give them information at the City level and keep the rest hidden.
3. On-screen Keyboard
Use the on-screen keyboard to enter sensitive information like usernames and passwords to prevent keylogging hacks. This is especially handy on public computers.
4. Private Network Locations
The SurfEasy Private Network is hosted around the world. By default, we’ll connect you to the fastest network location (SurfEasy Optimized).
You can also choose to appear from the country of your choice and switch locations any time.
5. SurfEasy Quit Button
Easily quit and safely remove your SurfEasy key by using the quick quit button. We recommend Windows users close this way when possible. Mac users must close SurfEasy with this button.