The Mac App Store is as secure as the version that is downloadable from the SurfEasy website as it uses 256 bit encryption. However, the app available from the Mac App Store uses the IPSec protocol rather than the OpenVPN protocol.
Articles in this section
- Why does SurfEasy have two separate apps for Mac—one downloadable via the website, one downloadable only via the Mac App Store?
- Is the Mac App Store version as secure the version that is downloadable from the SurfEasy website?
- Are there any differences between the two Mac apps?
- Why do I see extra setup screens the first time I install and open the Mac App Store version?
- What is Tracker Blocker?
- What is WiFi Security?
- Is torrenting allowed on the SurfEasy Mac App Store app?
- Can I use both the App Store and the regular version of SurfEasy apps on one Mac?
- Why is there a free trial in the Mac App Store version but not in the SurfEasy website downloadable version?
- Will the Mac App Store app eventually be the only version that SurfEasy supports?